SNAG - School Nutritional Action Group
Every year group has a huge part to play to help with all aspects of this group through:
* Growing fruit, vegetables and herbs.
* Using our produce to create fantastic recipes.
* Visiting farms to look at how food is produced on a wider scale.
* Food waste. What happens to schools food waste?
* Food miles. How far does our food travel before we buy it?
These are a few areas we will look at as a whole school.
This year will run with different groups taking the key role with the growing aspect.
Sowing additional herbs and vegetables
Inspecting seeds sowed previously
Sowing potatoes and garlic
Year 4 have taken on the main role for SNAG
* TRANSFERRING COMPOST TO THE POLYTUNNEL
* SAPLING POTTING UP AND GROWING INVESTIGATIONS
* GROWING CALENDER FOR THE POLYTUNNEL AND ALLOTMENT